Friday, June 8, 2012

Descriptive theme of your exhibit Project # 5


Memories of the Family

 

At the Seaside

William Merritt Chase  (American, Williamsburg, Indiana 1849–1916 New York City) 

 

The Hatch Family

Eastman Johnson  (American, Lovell, Maine 1824–1906 New York City)



The Birth of Baroque
The Carracci at the Metropolitan
July 7–September 17, 2000


Fra Angelico
October 26, 2005–January 29, 2006


 Bill Viola
The Quintet of Remembrance
November 6, 2001–January 12, 2003

Bellini, Titian, and Lotto
North Italian Paintings from the Accademia Carrara, Bergamo
May 15–September 3, 2012


Pietà with the Virgin and Saint John
Giovanni Bellini  (Italian, Venice, active by 1459–died 1516 Venice)


The Making of a Collection
Islamic Art at the Metropolitan
November 1, 2011–February 5, 2012

 

Daniel Crommelin Verplanck
John Singleton Copley  (American, Boston, Massachusetts 1738–1815 London)

 Art in Renaissance Venice, 1400–1515
Paintings and Drawings from the Museum's Collections
November 8, 2011–February 5, 2012

Lyrical Visions
Paintings from North India
December 3, 2011–May 28, 2012

Photographic Treasures from the Collection of Alfred Stieglitz
October 11, 2011–February 26, 2012

As a currator ,  I have chosen the Family memories as my theme. These Images Reminds me of my old memories that I had with my family at a certain time. From all of these images,  Two of my favorite images  were the one with the cat when the boy and the girl were looking at the cat. The
other one that I liked was the Belini tetian where everyone one was sitting around the baby.

First, I chose the boy and girl with the cat because when I was seven years old me and my brother bought cat and we had similar images so this  image reminds me of my own.

Second, My other image that I chose , I had really beautiful memories from this image. When I was born, my mother was holding me like this and everyone in my family was sitting around me.

These images are so similar to mine that it reminds me things that I have forgotten before and now those memories came back to me by looking at these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment