Monday, June 4, 2012

"Chelsea Galleries Reaction" Field Trip # 5


   The Propitious Garden of Plane Image, First Version
2000-2005
Oil on linen
6 panels: 42 x 24 inches (each); 107 x 61 cm
Overall: 42 x 144 inches; 107 x 366 cm


This image that's done by Brice Marden  look pretty simple to me. I feel that the painting didn't really catch
my eyes. There are many paintings that do look simple but they do attract people to buy those paintings and
keep it in their house.This artist only drew the lines around these colors . To me it didn't seem to be so
attractive.  I think it is more hard to make natural paintings that shows some kind of actions of people in the
painting than these type of paintings so In my opinion, I don't think people should buy this painting. 

Yan Pei-Ming Pablo, 2011 Oil on canvas 110 1/4 x 110 1/4 inches (280 x 280 cm)
Yan Pei-Ming Pablo had done a great job in this painting. My own feeling about this painting is that this
painting is a natural painting that shows the person face expression and the movement of this person. In my
opinion, painting like this should be used to keep it at home. I will definitely invest on this painting because I
think to make a natural painting, it takes a lot of time and I appreciate the hard work of the artist.

Brice Marden could have done a little different in this painting. He made it so simple that it didn't look so
beautiful. Although, I know there are people that has different opinion about  all kind of painting that they
see in the gallery.


Yan Pei-Ming Pablo Image is really attractive to me because this image is really clear even though its a black

and white picture. If the black and white images are clear, then it shows how much effort did the artist put in

this image.

The Differences in between two images is that one is natural and the other is too common and easy to make

and I like images that is natural where you can tell what is in the picture and what is it about. The other one

doesn't show any one of them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment